HOW eGoC8 WORKS.
Seller sets a price. Buyer makes an offer - any offer.
In a double-blind eGoC8 negotiation, the seller doesn't see the specific dollar figure, only whether the offer is
WITHIN 10% - 20%
WITHIN 5% - 10%
Similarly, the buyer doesn't see the specific dollar figure, only whether the negotiation is Cool, Warm, or Hot.
The negotiation continues, back and forth, until the two parties are within 5%. At that point, eGoC8 splits the difference and informs each party that an agreement has been reached.
WHY DOUBLE-BLIND NEGOTIATION?
It separates the people from the problem.
It strips away the posturing, the truth-bending, the arbitrary lines in the sand.
It uses objective criteria.
In a double-blind eGoC8 negotiation, the process is more inviting, less intimidating. Parties engage more constructively. They reach agreements more frequently.
- Less pressure.
- More control.
- The price you want to pay, or close to it.
- For years, companies (Saturn, Honda) have tried presenting fixed prices. "Finally, no negotiating!" But buyer beware: If the seller has set the price, the seller likes the price.
- More negotiations started.
- More transactions completed.
- Easy to manage multiple negotiations simultaneously.
- No emotion, just business.
- More nibbles, more bites, more fish. Once prospective customers enter into a negotiation, the rest is just details.
OF AMERICANS HATE NEGOTIATING FOR A NEW CAR
KELLEY BLUE BOOK
OF PEOPLE SAID THEY'D WILLINGLY GIVE UP SEX
FOR A MONTH RATHER THAN HAGGLE FOR A NEW CAR
OF ADULT WOMEN NEVER NEGOTIATE AT ALL,
EVEN THOUGH THEY OFTEN RECOGNIZE NEGOTIATION
AS APPROPRIATE AND EVEN NECESSARY.
BABCOCK & LASCHEVER
WOMEN DON'T ASK
"STANDARD STRATEGIES FOR NEGOTIATION OFTEN
LEAVE PEOPLE DISSATISFIED, WORN OUT, OR ALIENATED
- AND FREQUENTLY ALL THREE."
FISHER & URY
GETTING TO YES